Sunday, October 10, 2010

Read-a-thon Wrap Up

I fell asleep. But that's actually good. I'll be able to function today (mostly).

I squeezed in a little more reading. I got 110 more pages read from 1:20am to 1:55am.

Here are my totals for the read-a-thon:
Title of book(s) read since last update: I finished Fantastic Mr. Fox and started Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator both by Roald Dahl
Number of books read since you started: 5.5 plus part of a Harry Potter audiobook and 20 pages of Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator
Pages read since last update: 110
Running total of pages read since you started: 1,018
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 35 min
Running total of time spent reading since you started:
12 hr
Mini-challenges completed:
4

It was fun. Hopefully next time I won't have so much to do around the read-a-thon and I'll be able to read more. Still, I'm pretty happy with how this one went.

One last huge thanks to all the cheerleaders. You all did such a great job motivating me to keep going. Whenever I felt tired, I'd come reread a cheer. It was great that even though I was reading alone for most of the day, it never felt like I was alone.

And thanks to the organizers and mini challenge hosts, everyone who helped put the read-a-thon on. It was great! I can't wait for April.

(If the 24 Hour Meme ever gets posted, I'll add my answers to this post.)
(Ask and you shall receive. These showed up right after I posted the above. )

1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Probably Hour 1 (I had trouble choosing what book to start with) and Hour 21 (when I fell asleep)
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I enjoyed rereads from my childhood. They went pretty quickly because they're short, the language is easy, and I already knew the story. I also thought Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day was a good read-a-thon book.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Nope. I think it went great.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I thought everything went really smoothly. The Cheerleaders were probably my favorite part (I know I've gushed about them a lot over the last 24 hours, but it's all deserved).
5. How many books did you read? 5.5 plus part of a Harry Potter audiobook and 20 pages of Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator
6. What were the names of the books you read?
* Animorphs 10: The Android
* Burning Bright (started before the read-a-thon)
* The Secret Lives of People in Love
* Animorphs 11: The Forgotten
* Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day
* Fantastic Mr. Fox
* Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator (partially read)
* Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (partially listened to) 
7. Which book did you enjoy most? Of the new reads (aka excluding the Animorphs books) I enjoyed Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day most
8. Which did you enjoy least?
I enjoyed all of them. If I hadn't liked any, I would have stopped reading that book and started another.
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? I was not a Cheerleader, but might sign up to be one next time. 
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I'm very likely to participate again if I'm free on that weekend in April. If I can participate for the full 24 hours, I might just read (just to see how much I can read if I fully devote myself to the 24 hours). If that read-a-thon is like this one though (with lots of interruptions throughout the day) I might sign up to read and be a cheerleader. Either way, I'm excited for the next read-a-thon!

No comments:

Post a Comment