Monday, October 18, 2010

Meme Monday

26. Favorite cookbook?
I do not cook and do not have a favorite cookbook.

27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?
This Is Water by Davis Foster Wallace.
28. Favorite reading snack?
I don’t eat too often while I’m reading. I find it hard to hold the book and eat at the same time.
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
Maybe The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien, but this doesn't happen much for me with books. Strange since it happens with movies all the time.
30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
I rarely read book reviews.
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
If I think a book deserves one star (on goodreads), I give it one star. I don’t feel bad about it.
32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose?
Japanese or French. Most of the translated books I own are Japanese (Murakami) or French (Dumas).
33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?
The Count of Monte Cristo, The Three Musketeers, or The Lord of the Rings.
34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy, but I will conquer it one day.
35. Favorite Poet?
I like what I've read of Frank O'Hara. Also Shel Silverstein. 


I'm also going to a bookstore today. I was trying not to buy any more books for the month (ideally the year), but I have to give in and get my own copy of When You Reach Me. Hopefully I can resist the call of other books while I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment